Monday, January 4, 2010

Ask the Engineer about Using a Brush System to Keep Gutters Clean

After over twenty years I'm amazed that there are still people trying to invent a better gutter guards than the Waterloov Gutter Protection System.

The video below shows a new gutter brush product.



Can you imagine what this product will look like after a year of service? After collecting a year's worth of tree debris? Yes, someone will have to go up a ladder (I thought the idea of quality gutter protection was to keep people off ladders), pull out the brush and clean it off. Now can you imagine cleaning off a brush full of putrid yuck?

I don't think this inventions is an intelligent choice for the homeowner wants to eliminate climbing a ladder to clean his/her gutters.

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine what GutterBrush looks like a year after service. I am also able to imagine what it looks like after three years of service and in a heavly wooded area at that. It works very well in my particular application and I would also like to point out that when I was purchasing this product for my home the people at the company never claimed it would eliminate the need to clean the gutter or the GutterBrushes. Instead, they simply stated that it would greatly reducce the need to climb the ladder and maintain the gutters. If you don;t mind me asking, what are some of the weaknesses of the Waterloov system as well as some of the strengths? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind climbing ladders to clean the brush, that's great, on the other hand we've installed the Waterloov gutter covers on thousands of homes where no man would ever want to climb again. And generally homeowners with high gutters and or steep roofs usually don't want to be servicing their gutters.

    If you take a few moments and review the posts on this blog, you will see that Waterloov has no downside if the home is properly insulated and ventilated. If not, then ice dams and icicles might form as they do for all other solid top gutter covers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog
    that's both equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt,
    you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i'm very happy I stumbled across this dring my search for something regarding this.



    My homepage; atlanta gutter cleaning

    ReplyDelete